Internship Program at Adams Law LLP
For this Internship Program We like to meet law students from around the world and to give them an opportunity of coming to work for a progressive law firm in Dublin.
We have two goals when it comes to our summer internship program:
- we are looking for law students who believe in excellence, who are seeking to become leaders in their chosen field of law and who are open to new ideas and are eager to learn.
- We want to give you a snapshot of what it is really like to practice law in Dublin. So you will work in different departments for different solicitors and you will get the feel for the type of work that we do and the standards that we expect from our solicitors.
You will get a great insight into the culture of our firm and the type and quality of work that we do. You will also gain experience in areas of law that you are interested.
What you will be doing
Our firm is a niche corporate and commercial practice. We want to hear from you in relation to your interests in order to see if we can give you some experience in your chosen field of study. We like to give you a broad range of experience across a number of our areas of expertise. It is important that you get to meet clients and also to attend on counsel in Court for trials and motions. What are the types of things you will be doing?
- Research and drafting memos on various legal topics.
- Assisting with the completion of briefs for Counsel in relation to trials and motions for the District Court, Circuit Court, High Court, Court of Appeal, Commercial Court and Supreme Court.
- Writing ‘Insights’ for our website on topical legal issues.
- Assisting in preparing for Court actions, preparing discovery, attending meetings, preparing affidavits and learning about strategies.
- Drafting and interpreting contracts and other documents and understanding Irish common law.
- Assisting with due diligence in respect of company sales and acquisitions.
Our common goals will be to give you experience in litigation, corporate and commercial law, legal writing, communication skills and client handling.
You will also get the chance to observe our solicitors in action. So, you will be brought to meetings on commercial matters, you will also get to meet barristers and to sit in on briefing meetings with Counsel. You will also get to see how we take instructions from clients and how we draft documents and progress deals to their conclusion. It is all about “hands on” experience and getting to see an accurate picture of being a solicitor in Ireland.
Of course, this all seems like hard work, so we do like to go out and have some fun too, so you will be joining us for nights out and other entertaining events.
If you are interested in the program please contact us and upload your CV below.