Competition and Regulatory Markets
COMPETITION LAW AND REGULATION
CERTAINLY, PRACTICAL AND PRAGMATIC ADVICE IS KEY IN THIS AREA OF LAW.
We have over 30 years experience in advising clients in respect of competition and merger control issues. In addition, our litigation department has dealt with many cases in the High Court and Commercial Court that involved competition issues. We have a great reputation of dealing with EU competition matters. Our solicitors have been very active on the mergers and takeover aspects of some of the largest transactions in Ireland. It is about clear and concise advice.
We like to highlight the main issues for a our clients early. It is important to look objectively at the strategies available to clients. Our advise is tailored to ensure that our clients get the best outcome.
Without doubt, competition law and regulation are complex areas of law. It is our job to make it more straight forward for you. In order to achieve that, it is important that we understand the way you do business.
One of the most significant challenges for clients, in the current difficult business environment, is to be able to effectively deal with and embrace regulation.
Adams Law LLP has invaluable industry specific legal knowledge to share with clients. It is about assisting you in navigating through difficult Competition Law and Regulation challenges.
Competition Law, what is hot for us at the moment?
- Firstly, takeover clearance has to be done properly.
- Secondly, merger clearance, can be complicated.
- Thirdly, competition based litigation is our forte.
- Fourthly, dealer/distribution litigation as a result of complex contracts.
- Fifthly, price discrimination has many guises.
- Sixthly, state aid is a complex area.
- Seventhly, Brexit.
- Eighthly, regulation advice.
MOST IMPORTANTLY, OUR COMPETITION LAW EXPERTISE IS FOCUSSED AND EFFECTIVE
Adams Law LLP have significant local-market expertise and a wealth of Competition Law knowledge that assists clients in dealing with complex regulation and risk issues. We have provided Competition Law and Regulation advice to businesses in a whole cross section of industries such as:-
- technology and data
- media and leisure
- retail and leisure
LIKEWISE, WE HAVE OUTSTANDING EXPERIENCE IN COMPETITION RELATED LITIGATION
Adams Law LLP guide you through every stage of the litigation process. We understand the challenges of high-stake litigation. Our focus is on the key risk elements, providing clients with practical, business-centric advice.
However, Adams Law LLP has represented many clients in defending Irish competition law cases. We have successfully defended Competition Law and Regulation actions in the High Court and the Commercial Court.
Competition Law, some of our recent cases involved:-
- Abuse of a dominant position.
- Breach of regulations.
- Commercial Court disputes.
- High Court litigation.
- Price fixing.
- Cross border merger.
SIMILARLY, THE MERGER CLEARANCE PROCESS CAN BE COMPLICATED
Furthermore, we have been involved in a considerable number of complex and high-value commercial transactions that required merger clearance.
Of course, at the outset it is important to manage merger clearance efficiently. Otherwise, it can have a major impact on the timing of a transaction. However, with our experience we ensure that the issues are identified early.
By effectively dealing with the notification process. We cause as little impact as possible to your business.
Without doubt, we are easy to work with and we have our client’s interests at the forefront of everything that we do.
FOR EXAMPLE, HERE ARE SOME RECENT CASES WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH
- Adams Law LLP acted for the seller of an agricultural business. Certification of the Irish Competition Authority was sought and obtained.
- Acted in a Commercial Court case against the State. The case related to a public procurement contract.
- Acted for the seller of one of Ireland’s largest hotel groups. The value of the transaction was excess of €450M. Obtained approval from the Irish Competition Authority for the transaction.
Call us now for a consultation. We are here to take your call and to give you practical advice you need.