Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Litigation – Finding You a Solution
Litigation – to clarify, what sets Adams Law LLP apart from the rest?
In business, disputes are a constant challenge. Many have the ability to take up valuable time, that you should be spending on developing your business for the future. Above all, it is critical to approach disputes in both a commercial and professional manner. Our solicitors understand complex commercial disputes. Our focus is on applying practical legal and commercial based strategies. Early exit strategies are often vital.
For instance, what sort of litigation can we help you with?
- Firstly, contract and commercial disputes.
- Secondly, ownership, shareholder and boardroom disputes.
- Thirdly, property and development disputes.
- Fourthly, cross border and international disputes.
- Fifthly, inheritance, wills and trusts disputes.
- Sixthly, landlord and tenant disputes.
- Seventhly, labour law disputes.
- Eighthly, financial disputes.
- Ninthly, reputation and media.
Without doubt, we live in a strange world. Disputes and litigation can consume and challenge businesses. Certainly, you can turn to us at Adams Law LLP when your vital interests are at stake. We have:-
- an in depth knowledge of the litigation process and the Courts gives us a leading competitive edge.
- an astute ability to read situations.
- outstanding legal and business acumen.
- our broad scope of litigation services.
- above all, our innate ability to find solutions to complex challenges.
Frequently, Adams Law LLP have acted for clients in some of the largest and most complex cases before the Irish Courts. Our solicitors have a unique ability to understand your business. We understand the challenges that you are facing. Our team can find practical legal and commercial solutions to those challenges.
However, for some clients the legal process is an unpleasant challenge. It can overwhelm them. with our experience we can help you navigate these challenges. Our solicitors are leaders in their profession. Expert knowledge and confidence helps us successfully handle your legal disputes. For example, key to performing well in the intense atmosphere of a courtroom is really strong case management. Being prepared is a key element of what we do. We like to communicate. You are kept in the loop and kept informed every step of the way.
For instance, how have we achieved success for our clients? Well, we have clever solicitors who will get to know you, your business and what your dispute is all about. We will set out a strategy that deals with your key litigation challenges. Working together we will find the best and most cost effective solution for you.
Litigation. Recent significant cases and results
- Financial services. Advised a client in three connected Commercial Court cases and injunction proceedings. Related to converting a debt into a security interest over a €100m hotel redevelopment.
- Construction and development. Defence of Commercial Court proceedings in relation to a dispute over variations amounting to €1.8 million. Amongst other matters, the case involved a development contract with one of Ireland’s leading building companies. The matter settled successfully for our clients.
- Planning Law. Setting aside of planning enforcement notices and successful defence of proceedings brought by a Local Authority in relation to the demolition of a residence and removal of a sewage recycling plant.
- Landlord and tenant. High Court action for retail landlord against tenant in relation to breach of covenant for non-payment of rent of €500,000.
- Commercial Contract and Shareholder dispute. Commercial Court litigation over ownership of shopping centre, breach of pre-emption rights under the Companies Acts and issues of discovery before the Supreme Court. Value of dispute €11.5 million. Most importantly, the matter settled to the satisfaction of client.
IN ADDITION, THE FOLLOWING CASES
- Manufacturing & Product Liability. Successfully acted for Plaintiff in multi-million euro claim for damages and breach of contract in the High Court. Dispute with leasing company who had trucks manufactured for the Plaintiff to be let to it for use in its logistics business. However, all of the truck axles were faulty.
- Financial Services. Victory for a financial underdog and pre-trial settlement of a Commercial Court case. Multi-jurisdictional proceedings taken in Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and Jersey. The case related to a receivership, a hedge fund product that was mis-sold and the sale of Stg£47M of assets. As a result, we saved our client £8M.
ALSO, THE FOLLOWING LITIGATION CASES
- Banking. Successful pre-trial settlement of a dispute with a lending institution over ownership of multiple defendants’ shares in multi-million euro healthcare business.
- Healthcare. Mediation of a dispute between two parties that owned a nursing home, retirement village and development sites valued in excess of €5,000,000. However, we achieved a successful outcome for our client.
- Energy. Defended High Court injunction proceedings and subsequent litigation in relation to a €50 million wind farm and a right of easement. Consequently, we won denial of the preliminary injunctive relief sought by plaintiffs. Matter settled. Successfully saved client €2 million.
- Hospitality. Action against an international hotel chain in respect of a €2 million contract to supply furniture. As a result, we were successful in recouping 100% of sums due and owing.
- Commercial contract. Acted for a commercial vehicle leasing company defending an interim injunction brought by a competitor over the sale of two machines worth in excess of €500,000.
THEN, THESE LITIGATION CASES
- Fraud. Acted for a client in a fraud, deceit and negligent misstatement claim that was won after a 6 week hearing in the High Court and again on appeal in which the damages were paid by one of the main Irish banks who were a party to the action.
- Trusts & Off-shore. Action against an offshore trust with assets of €30 million in order to regain control of trust assets for client. Most importantly, it was the first case in Irish Courts to look through a trust on the basis of family law. Case successfully settled for client.
- Logistics. Representing one of Ireland’s largest logistics company at the Employment Appeals Tribunal in relation to an employee taking an unfair dismissals action. Successfully settled before the hearing.
- Media. Representing 20 employees in a redundancy. A foreign media company shutting down operations in Ireland and successfully negotiating a settlement following proceedings in front of a Rights Commissioner and the Labour Court.
- Retail. Representing a major fast food group in a dispute in respect of a multi-million euro hotel deal.
- Technology. Acting for a foreign company in defending a multi-million euro computer distribution agreement dispute.
Contact us now for more help with Litigation.