dearbhla is a solicitor in the firm’s litigation department and is also qualified to practice in northern ireland. as an experienced litigator, dearbhla has worked on a wide range of contentious commercial matters and been involved in successful outcomes for her clients in a number of high profile cases in the commercial court, supreme court and high court, and as a legal advisor in mediations and arbitrations.
prior to joining adams law, dearbhla has gained over four years’ experience working in a commercial firm in belfast dealing with high volume mortgage litigation caseloads for a number of major banks and lending institutions. she completed her training in a general practice, before joining adams law in October 2016.
dearbhla practices in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters, including breach of contract, shareholder disputes, injunctions, actions pursuant to the companies acts, sports law, professional negligence, employment disputes, banking and finance and estate and trust matters.
dearbhla is a key member of our litigation team and is a highly approachable and dependable individual. “i take a practical and constructive approach on behalf of my clients, combining legal knowledge and commercial judgment to try to achieve the best possible outcome in what can often be difficult circumstances.”
- acting for a consortium in relation to a contractual dispute involving suing a purchaser for failure to complete on the acquisition of an office block.
- acting for an international client defending and counterclaiming under a multi-million euro commercial supply agreement and involving multi-jurisdictional issues.
- acting for a group of investors in relation to a shareholder’s dispute and injunction.
- post-graduate diploma, institute of professional legal studies, belfast, 2016
- llb law, queens university belfast, 2012
- northern Ireland
- law society of ireland
- roll of solicitors, law society of northern ireland