Planning for the Future?
You can be sure that our private client team can look after your wealth management needs.
We give pragmatic commercial advice in relation to complex and sensitive issues. We advise clients in relation to protecting their wealth and providing for family members and friends. If you have inherited wealth, or created wealth in your own right or you are an entrepreneur, we can provide you with a bespoke and personal service from our dedicated team.
By their nature, disputes over Wills, Trusts and Probate often occur at times of tragedy and distress. Bringing actions or defending claims is especially demanding and can become fraught very quickly. It is important that you seek advice at an early stage to help resolve matters with a view to potentially avoiding litigation and costly court proceedings.
Adams Law are extremely experienced in this area of law and we are able to manage grievances over inheritance with due compassion whilst maintaining objectivity to progress disputes to a satisfactory resolution. The array of disputes is as varied as the families that they affect. We act for executors, personal representatives and for individuals claiming against estates or other parties and we often advise on complex and cross-jurisdictional issues.
The areas that we are experts in are as follows:
- Advising entrepreneurs and family offices
- Establishing and administering trusts.
- Wills and inheritance planning.
- Wills, trusts and inheritance disputes
- Probate and estate administration.
- Will and asset options for non-Irish nationals.
- Non-Irish nationals investing in Ireland
- Obtaining a Grant of Probate.
- Applications for Wards of Court.
- Administration of estates.
- Enduring powers of attorney.
- General inheritance planning.
- Acting as Executor.
- Advice to Executor.
The sort of litigation issues that we have acted for clients recently are as follows:-
- Non-Irish nationals acquiring Irish real estate.
- Disputed Wills – based on forgery, allegations of mental capacity.
- Will Disputes – based on allegations of undue influence.
- Wills disputes – based on allegations of invalid procedure or fraud.
- Disputes involving Executors or Trustees.
- Disputed Powers of Attorney.
- Negligently drafted wills and professional negligence claims.
We advise in relation to property, family issues and personal allowances. We also advise in relation to estate planning where there are substantial chattels, property and offshore assets. We deal with business and agricultural property and advising on available reliefs. We are also involved in re-arranging assets and property holdings between spouses and civil partners and advising on co-ownership issues when purchasing a property.
RECENT HIGHLIGHTS OF WORK;
- Acting for a family office in relation to the purchase of a portfolio of Irish properties having a value of €12M.
- Acting for the spouse of a deceased with an estate which has a value in excess of €250M.
- Acting for the trustees of one of the largest landed estates in Ireland.
- Acting for non-Irish investors in Ireland where an investment of €5M was made to acquire a hotel.
- Acting for a beneficiary in an action against a foreign trust company in relation to assets in excess of €10M and creating defining law on the subject in the High Court.