Planning for the Future?
Private Client Advice
You can be sure that our private client team can look after your estate and wealth management needs.
We are here to help you with probate and administrations of estates. In addition, we are also very experienced in litigation in respect of wills and estates.
We give pragmatic commercial advice in relation to complex and sensitive issues. We advise clients in relation to protecting their wealth and providing for family members and friends. If you have inherited wealth, or created wealth in your own right or you are an entrepreneur, we can provide you with a bespoke and personal service from our dedicated team.
By their nature, disputes over Wills, Trusts and Probate often occur at times of tragedy and distress. Bringing actions or defending claims is especially demanding. Such actions can become fraught very quickly. Without doubt, it is important that you seek advice at an early stage to help resolve matters. This would be with a view to potentially avoiding litigation and costly court proceedings.
Let us call you.
Inheritance and Estate Advice
Of course, Adams Law LLP are extremely experienced in Private Client law. In addition, we are able to handle disputes over inheritance with compassion. However, we take an objective approach in order to resolve disputes. The area of inheritance is notorious for disputes. We act for executors and personal representatives. Of course, we have also acted for individuals claiming against estates. We often advise on complex trust and estate cases that may have cross-jurisdictional issues.
The areas that we are experts in are as follows:
- Firstly, wills and inheritance.
- Secondly, setting up and administering trusts.
- Thirdly, probate and administration of estates.
- Fourthly, foreign direct investment in Ireland by individuals.
- Fifthly, litigation relating to wills, trusts and inheritance.
- Sixthly, wards of court issues.
- Fifthly, enduring powers of attorney.
- Seventhly, general inheritance planning.
- Eighthly acting as executors and also advising executors.
- Buying an apartment or house.
- Selling a house or apartment.
- Tenancy agreements.
- Administration of state property.
Litigation and Estates
The sort of Private Client litigation issues that we have acted for clients recently are as follows:-
- Disputed Wills, relating to issues of forgery, undue influence or mental capacity.
- Disputes involving Executors or Trustees.
- Negligently drafted wills and professional negligence claims.
- Claims by third parties in relation to estates.
- Litigation against Trustees.
- Disputes between family members.
Estate and Family Issues
Principally, we advise in relation to property and family issues. Not only that, but we also advise in relation to estate planning where there are substantial property holdings or offshore assets. In addition, we deal with commercial and agricultural property. Similarly, we are also involved in re-arranging assets and property holdings between spouses and civil partners. Finally, we advise on co-ownership issues when purchasing a property.
Recent highlights of Work
- Acting for a private client in relation to the purchase of a portfolio of Irish residential properties. The portfolio having a value of c. €12M.
- We acted for the spouse of a deceased with an estate that had a value in excess of c. €250M.
- Very many of our private clients are trustees. For instance, we acting for one of the largest landed estates in Ireland.
- Acting for foreign investors in Ireland. Investment of c. €5M was made to acquire a hotel.
- In litigation, we acted for a beneficiary in an action against a foreign trust company. The claim involved assets in excess of c. €10M and creating defining law on the subject in the High Court.
Contact Adams Law LLP solicitors for advice in relation to Probate and making a will. We also of offer residential conveyancing services in the event that you are buying house or apartment or selling a house or apartment.