playing a positive role
You can do it, and we can help. Our sports law team are attuned to the most recent developments in sports law.
We are also aware of the ever-changing regulatory environment in Sports. We provide practical commercial legal advice.
We advise individual sportsmen and sportswomen, governing bodies, clubs and just about anyone involved in sports. We are here to give you practical and commercial advice on a whole range of sports law issues.
We have advised in many different sports including GAA, football, rugby union, golf, swimming, motorsport, athletics, ice skating and skiing, badminton, rowing, tennis, cricket, boxing, cycling, martial arts and canoeing to name but a few.
We are experts in the following areas of sports law;
- Disciplinary & regulatory issues.
- Players contracts and image rights.
- Dispute Resolution.
- Doping, gambling and technology regulation.
- Hosting global and other major events.
- Reputation management.
- Sponsorship, endorsements and representation.
- Broadcasting, digital media and technology.
- Merchandising, licensing and franchising.
- Brand management and protection (including image rights).
- Reputation management and defamation.
- Football transfers.
- Sport governing body rules and regulations.
- Anti-corruption, anti-doping and other disciplinary proceedings.
- Due diligence exercises.
- Club/Team employment agreements.
- Appearance agreements.
“Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.”
Michael Jordan, Basketball Icon.
We understand that as elite sports people you very often have to take swift action in order to divert a crisis. The difference between winning and losing is marginal. The same issues often arise in the legal and commercial world when we advise elite sports individuals and sports organisations. Very often swift action needs to be taken in order to avoid a crisis. We are experts in working in that type of an environment and ensuring that you get the best advice possible.
It is of great importance whether you are a professional sportsperson or just entering the profession, or an agency representing sportspeople, that you instruct specialist sports law solicitors in Ireland that can ensure that you get the best from any contracts that you enter into.
Without doubt, if you are an individual sportsperson it is quite easy to feel that you have a weak bargaining position when dealing with clubs, media groups or negotiating advertising and marketing opportunities.
The negotiation process and the contracting process can seem overly complicated and there are many pitfalls and ways that you can miss out on opportunities to further your career. Jumping into lengthy binding contracts too early in your career can seriously undermine your ability to move your career forward in the way that you want.
On the other hand, if you are an agent or media company, you need to ensure that you get the right advice about what sort of agreements will suit your clients – we are extremely experienced and we have the know how in relation to sports and media contracts.
We are here to listen and to ensure that you find solutions to the issues that you face. Too often solicitors will tell you why you cannot do what you hope to do. Our approach is different in that we help you find ways to make your contracts or media deals work the way you want them to, and to your best advantage.
We have advised and continue to advise sports agents, media companies, music companies, talented sportspeople and international musicians and artists.
If you would like more information about Sports Law in Ireland, please get in touch today.
Recent Highlights Of Work;
- Acting for a rower in relation to a High Court action for not being allowed to compete at the European championships.
- Representing for an Ice Skater for not being allowed to compete at international competitions and her subsequent High Court action and arbitration.
- Acting for a junior badminton player in relation to his exclusion from the Irish team.
- Acting for sports organisations in relation to personal injury matters.
- Acting for major athletes in relation to the protection of their image rights.
- Acting for golf courses in the development of their golf courses and advising in relation to matters relating to membership and public liability on the golf course.
If you are not prepared to go all the way, then why go at all? At Adams Law obstacles are challenges, we strive for the very best.