Intellectual Property Law
The Change Makers
There is something so very esoteric about the concept of intellectual property (IP) rights. They are intangible but at the same time so important to businesses and individuals in relation to a whole host of industries. It may be something as simple as trying to protect your name or as complicated as seeking a patent for a bitcoin!
At Adams Law, we know that our clients’ brands, patents and other Intellectual Property Law rights are sometimes their most valuable assets. Failure to protect them may have disastrous consequences for your business. We are experienced IP solicitors and can assist you in protecting and developing your asset, combining legal protection with commercial, tax law and finance law advice.
You need to protect your IP rights, in order to ensure that if they are disputed, you can effectively defend them, and ultimately protect your business should a dispute arise.
We like to learn about your business, to understand what your legal requirements are and to provide you in depth, practical advice in relation to your inventions, ideas and brands, including guiding you in respect of protecting the IP that makes your business successful, including:
- Domain names
- Trade Secrets
It is all about managing your return on investment at the end of the day and the best way to do that is to protect your business assets, to be more specific your IP. We are experts in providing the following services:-
- Brexit issues
- IP audits
- Licensing agreements
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
- Privacy requirements
- Security agreements
- Web audits, including terms and conditions
Of key importance to the protection of all IP rights is their effective defence and we are experts in resolving disputes and defending client’s business assets, including:
- Proceedings in the High Court for the protection of trademarks, copyright, designs and patents
- Actions in front of the Court of Appeal
- Advising in relation to use of patents and trademarks by third parties
- IP actions and remedies before all court levels
- Negotiations and alternative dispute resolution
- Domain name disputes
What sort of clients do we act for? Well we act for start-ups, established technology companies and world famous companies in whole host of industries which include:
- Cloud based technology
- Information technology
- Food and beverage
Here are some of the areas and types of Intellectual Property we have been working on recently:-
- Registering trademarks and patents.
- Protection of trademarks, patents, software, know-how, brand image, copyrights, domain names and other intellectual property rights against any infractions.
- Trade secrecy and copyright infringement.
- Media and entertainment law.
- Adapting contracts to local requirements.
- Competition law.
- Research and development issues.
- Gambling, social networking and social gaming law.
We also have experience in the litigation and resolution of intellectual property disputes, including infringement and breach of contract issues.