Banking and Finance
New challenges, new regulation and new ways of raising finance.
At Adams Law we have seen our fair share of ups and downs in the Banking and Finance sectors, the world is changing and so is the way that lenders and borrowers do business.
The financial crisis in Ireland has caused major regulatory changes in the way that lending institutions do business and it has also caused a great diversity in the supply of debt funding. There are ongoing challenges in relation to financial distress and a huge increase in the demand for industry specific advice in relation to the structure and operation of finance deals in Ireland. Our banking and finance practice have a huge amount of experience in navigating all of these challenges.
Whether you are a borrower, lender, sponsor, insolvency practitioner or debt advisor, we can provide solutions to your challenges and without doubt our priority is putting our clients first by understanding their business issues and providing practical tailored advice to solve those issues.
We believe that attention to detail in business is absolutely critical. We work to the highest possible standards so that you get quality advice and, above all else, peace of mind.
We enjoy close relationships with many Irish and International lending institutions. We act for banks, funds, finance houses, venture capitalists, family offices, individual and corporate borrowers of all types and sizes, ranging from some of the largest lenders to boutique finance houses. We act regularly for either lenders or borrowers on secured lending instructions. We also do a lot of loan restructuring, re-mortgages, refinances and fundraisings for clients in Ireland and abroad.
We also like to advise our clients of the commercial practicalities of banking and finance transactions. We have worked in this area of law for many years and we know how to ensure that you get the best advice fast and that your transaction runs smoothly and completes on time. How do we do it? We know how to structure the deal. We know the market. We like to know about your business and above all else we listen to what our clients want. We are also familiar with what Irish and International lenders’ requirements and policies are and know how they like to structure deals. Put simply, we provide practical commercial solutions to ensure that you achieve your goals.
We support a wide spectrum of lending and general finance transactions such as real estate finance, media, retail and technology finance, corporate lending, debt restructuring and security enforcement.
Not every transaction is straight forward, our solicitors work together in a collegiate manner in order to ensure success.
Come and talk to us about:
- Complex multi-jurisdictional lending facilities.
- Multi-layer financing transactions.
- Facility agreements and Letters of Loan Offer.
- Loan agreements.
- Cross guarantees and other types of collateralised security.
- Subordination and priority agreements.
- Buying out existing security.
- Senior and Venture Capital debt funding.
- Mezzanine finance and investment.
Recent Highlights of Work;
- We act for one of the largest refinance lending institutions in the market, refinancing existing debts and portfolios of properties with pillar banks and vulture funds.
- Refinance of a nursing home group and individual financing of nursing homes.
- Financing of a major windfarm in excess of €25M in lending.
- Financing of a multi-jurisdictional acquisition of a media company with a value in excess of €7M.
- Advising and designing lending agreements and security documents for a lending institution.
- Financing of airports, shopping centres, mixed use developments, hotels, aircraft and boats.
- Acting for a receiver in relation to the sale of a portfolio of properties valued in excess of €20M.
- Refinancing assets out of NAMA valued in excess of €10M.