inspiring action on
Renewable Energy Advice
Ireland must cut its emissions by 30% by 2030. Agriculture is Ireland’s largest carbon emitter. That is to say, it is responsible for a whopping 47% of the total of all emissions. Without doubt, at Adams Law LLP we are really good at achieving targets.
Ireland faces a significant crises in meeting its climate change goals. There is a huge demand to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In addition to deal with our outdated energy assets – these are all very complex decisions. Ireland is on course to miss its carbon emissions target. Without doubt, all of this make renewable energy a very challenging but exciting area to work in.
Adams Law LLP is at the forefront of this sector. We advise clients on matters relating to utilities, transmission, distribution, storage and wind and solar energy.
We have been advising on renewables for over 20 years. Similarly, we have been through the entire lifecycle of many of these projects. From the consent and planning process, through to the construction phase. In addition, we have dealt with the financing, operation, maintenance and ultimately their refinancing or sale. For instance, we have advised sellers and acquirers of renewable energy projects. We have also advised investors, banks, and suppliers on a whole range of energy transactions.
Whilst we have experience in almost all types of renewable energy, our focus is on:
- Wind power.
- Waste to energy.
Adams Law LLP are a niche renewable energy law firm that has been advising clients for over 20 years. Of course, we regularly advise businesses in the onshore and offshore wind sectors.
Our renewable energy solicitors work with some of the largest operators in Ireland. We have also acted for a whole range of other stakeholders such as landowners and lending institutions. This gives our firm a unique insight into all aspects of renewable energy contracts. In addition, we understand the ways in which opportunities can be maximised.
We Advise On the following Renewable Energy matters
- Greenfield & ready to go sites.
- Grid connections.
- Debt & equity fundraising.
- Buying & selling portfolios & projects.
- Title, planning & ‘grid’ due diligence.
- Options, leases, rights of way and easements.
- Turbine supply arrangements.
Recent highlights of Renewable Energy work
- Firstly, acting for Investors acquiring a significant number of wind farms in Ireland.
- Secondly, acting for clients in relation to a joint venture with farmers.
- Thirdly, acting for lending institutions in relation to renewable energy projects.
- Fourthly, acting for a consortium acquiring and developing a greenfield site into a wind farm.
- Fifthly, acting for a client in the sale of a wind farm group.
- Sixthly, advising clients on land options.
At Adams Law LLP we advise a wide range of clients in relation to solar power projects. For instance, our clients include developers, lenders and landowners. Our clients are both Irish and international. The solar energy industry has enjoyed great growth in Ireland in recent years. With the cost of solar energy decreasing, no doubt the sector will continue to grow and prosper. Our solicitors deliver specialist legal advice and are trained to think outside the box.
To date, our firm has been involved in several innovative Irish projects. These including commercial solar farms as well as commercial and residential rooftop installations.
For example, we act for funders, developers and landowners in relation to stand alone projects and major portfolios of solar installations. In addition, we have acted on both greenfield developments and large portfolio commercial developments.
We Advise On
- the property and conveyancing aspects of projects
- buying and selling projects and portfolios
- debt and equity funding of projects
- title, planning and ‘grid’ due diligence
- options, leases and easements
- operation and maintenance contracts
- grid connections
- power purchase agreements
- subsidies and tariffs
At Adams Law LLP, we have vast experience in Renewable Energy Law. Without doubt, we have know-how and commitment. It keeps our solicitors at the forefront when it comes to advising on the legal aspect of wind energy law and solar energy law.
Adams Law LLP Solicitors Dublin and Nationwide. Contact us now.