Taking care of people
“There is an extra level of expertise required when it comes to healthcare matters, it is a complex environment. You need to understand the industry and you need to be an expert in a whole range of disciplines”.
Senan Burke, Managing Partner
Adams Law has carved out a niche in relation to advising healthcare businesses. Our team advises a range of innovative medical, care and biotechnology companies as well as investors in the sector. We provide cutting-edge advice on a whole range of legal matters in the sector, from regulatory and compliance strategy through to litigation and corporate transactions.
In a period of global uncertainty, the healthcare sector is facing a whole raft of legal and commercial hurdles that will affect the ability of many companies to do business in the industry.
We act for a number of leading clients in the healthcare sector, including nursing home companies, medical centres, pharmacies, pharmacy groupings, wholesale distributors and investors.
We possess unparalleled experience in the following areas:-
- Nursing homes, hospitals and primary care centres.
- Acquisitions, disposals and mergers.
- Healthcare property purchases, sales and leases.
- Physician groups.
- Pharmaceutical companies and re-sellers.
- Branded pharmaceutical groups.
- Home care services.
- Private equity firms, lending institutions, investors and venture capital firms.
- Regulation, health & safety.
- Health innovation, entrepreneur and start advice.
- Employment issues.
Healthcare in Ireland is a constantly changing sector, Adams Law have significant experience in the legal and commercial challenges the healthcare businesses face.
The type of advice we have been giving to our clients recently:-
- Acquisition of nursing homes and primary care centres.
- Reorganisation of a nursing home group.
- Settling an ownership dispute in relation to a pharmaceutical company.
- Start-up of a pharmaceutical branding group.
- Regulatory advice to a healthcare company in relation to changes in Irish and European legislation.
- Advice to healthcare entrepreneurs in relation to expanding their businesses.
- Private equity investment into an established healthcare company.
- Care and medical negligence litigation.